- Adelaide CBD
- Adelaide City Council
Jensen Planning + Design has a proud history of involvement in the rejuvenation of Adelaide’s Market District through a variety of work undertaken over the past 20 years.
The District in the centre of the Adelaide CBD is arguably one of the most loved and vibrant urban precincts in Australia. The area includes the Adelaide Central Market, Chinatown, Adelaide’s main legal precinct, a huge range of multi-cultural restaurants centred around Gouger Street, entertainment, public transport, cycling routes, accessible parking and a diversity of housing and employment. There are also significant development and public realm opportunities which the Market District Plan explores and promotes.
Our role as part of Council’s team was:
- as urban design advisor, provide specialist advice to the team
- input into the plan’s strategies and drafting
- facilitate stakeholder workshops
- collaborate with other technical experts especially the movement and transport consultant
- prepare all urban design frameworks for the sub-precincts within the District
- illustrate development and public realm possibilities through a series of 3D visualisations.
Our Market District – The Right Ingredients for the Future was released in September 2015 with good publicity and interest from the community and media - our illustrations even appeared in The Advertiser.